I have been trying so hard over the past few months (heck- all of 2015!), to be better about planning out blog posts more in advance and making sure to keep my fashion content consistent. But when I had to work overtime at my summer job last week, I just kind of failed here on the blog, and had to put this on the back burner so that I wouldn't burn out all together! Like a lot of other bloggers, I shoot most of my outfit posts on the weekends for the upcoming week normally. But with working long shifts this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday (plus icky weather and being tired from working all almost all of the days before the weekend), it just didn't happen this time. And you know what? It's okay! I'm getting caught up again this week, and I'm going to try and use this past week as a reminder to myself to not let getting behind on the blog happen during busy times of the school year (which will be here before I know it!).
So since I don't have an outfit post planned for today, I thought that I would just share some random things that have been going on in my life since I returned home from studying abroad in France a few weeks ago, and also share the links to some recent purchases that I made or will be making soon!
- Netflix DVD Service: Y'all. I completely forgot that this exists, and I think that it's about to change the game for me. My parents got me my Netflix subscription for my 18th birthday present a few years ago, and until like three days ago I totally forgot that the plan that they have me on includes the Netflix DVD service in addition to instant streaming. We all know that instant is awesome, but lately I have found that all of the new shows that I've been wanting to watch aren't actually offered on instant Netflix. But guess what? ALL of them are on the DVD service!! Win! And the best part of about doing DVDs is that it's a great way to control binge watching- my plan only gives me one DVD at a time- so this will be perfect during the school year. The first new show in my DVD queue is the older ABC show Greek- I'm so excited to watch this with my last sorority recruitment approaching.
- Bed Bug Bites: So as I've mentioned several times now, I got pretty severely bitten by bed bugs during the second part of my study abroad trip in Nice, France. Immediately upon arriving home, all of my luggage (minus my computer and camera) was bagged and put into our garage, since bed bugs can live for a long time without human contact. I hadn't originally had any new bites upon getting home, but my legs and feet were still pretty itchy. Well, over the past couple days, I seem to have found what looks like a few new bites. :/ I am SO paranoid now, and I have no clue how they could have gotten into my house since all my luggage was taken care of and untouched (and I even vacuumed my computer and camera!). I am really hoping whatever these new bumps on my legs are might be something else- eek!
- Being Social: So when I am home in Maine during the summers, I tend to be a hermit. It seems that all I do when I'm home is go to work or work on my blog (or sometimes go to the beach!). But this past week, I actually am spending some time with friends which has been so nice! My best friend from high school, Jules, is spending her summer in upstate NY with her boyfriend's family. But she came home last week for a visit, and we were able to go out for a coffee date with her sister on Saturday morning before I went to work. And this week, I had two very fun plans! If you follow me on Snapchat (@miss_alk) then you know all about my fun Tuesday plans on my day off. I got together with two very old friends of mine, back from my childhood days of being a competitive figure skater! Both girls are such sweethearts- they're a couple years younger than me and are both headed off to college in the fall as freshman (which I cannot believe and it made me feel SO OLD!). Both ladies are also now into photography, so we did some fun blog photoshoots which I'll be sharing soon! And then this coming Thursday, in the afternoon I'm headed to visit my dear friend (and other photographer!) Shara, from Shara Lynn photography, to see her new apartment and have dinner together. I can't wait! So much fun girl time this week.
- Millennial Blogger Network: I have posted about this a couple times before, but not nearly enough for the amount that this group has impacted my life lately! Some of you might know that earlier this spring, I co-founded and became an admin for a new blogging network called the Millennial Blogger Network. We are currently Facebook group based, but are expanding into other forms of social media as well. The group has been growing SO well, and being an admin is a lot of work, but also brings me so much joy! I never thought that 2015 would be the year that I would take on a leadership role in blogging, but I'm loving every minute of it. :-) (If you're a college aged, 20 something or 30 something aged fashion or lifestyle blogger and are interested in joining the network, click here and fill out our application to join!)
- In the past, I've never been a big fan of Forever 21's website. Y'all know that I'm a HUGE fan of their stores (I swear half my closet is from there #noshame), but I just never seem to find what I'm looking for online. Well, that all changed last week! I've been on the hunt for a certain type of crop top to wear with a beautiful skirt that I recently got, and I was so happy to find and purchased the perfect crop top from the F21 website! (I purchased it in white.) Forever 21 has SO many perfect crop tops right now, so if this is something that your closet is begging for, be sure to check out their website!
- Another thing that was apart of my F21 order was this cute make-up bag! I already have some make-up bags and accessories from there, but with such cute designs and affordable prices, what harm is one more going to do?!
- Somehow I have managed to bite the bullet and not order anything (....yet) from the NSale. Does that make me a bad blogger? Haha. One thing though that is making it really hard for me to resist on getting is this beautiful make-up palette (which also comes with additional goodies!). I'm such a sucker for eye-shadow! Ugh.
- After my next couple of paychecks I'm soon going to be ordering some of the blogger goodies from my Ultimate Blogger Gift Guide round-up post from various Etsy shops!
- I have decided that my lingerie drawer needs a little updating for this year. (After re-reading that sentence, I realize that makes it sound like I'm seeing someone and/or my views have changed on things like that. To clarify: currently not dating anyone, and still hold Christian morals/views on sex before marriage. ;-) ) I only want to update my lingerie drawer for my own benefit- ha! Anyways, my Victoria's Secret catalogue came in the mail a few days ago, and I read that they're having so many great promotions right now and into August with online orders! Free shipping with orders over $50 (and free shipping on ANY swimsuit orders!), a cute free carry-on travel tote with orders $75+ (This one is in store too! And I love their carry-on bag promotions.), and also a code for $10 off a bra + a free pair of panties which I think starts in August. Win win and win! I'll definitely be making an order soon.
Thanks for making it through my ramblings! How has your week been so far? Have you bought anything fun lately?
xoxo Miss ALK